Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Spelling Bee Studies

Spelling Bee studies are going great! I am still studying no matter what, because I love words and they will stay with me my whole life. I do not know how life would be like if I had never become interested in the spelling bee. My sister has been studying, too, and whenever she studies the Scripps Bee DS Game, she is hooked for hours. She said that by the end of the summer she hopes to be on the Ultimate level, which is the level with words at nationals. Right now she is on the Champion level.

If you win the National Spelling Bee, all the time you used to study was worth it all. It does not matter how long you have studied, even if you studied for six straight years. If you do not win ever, think of everything you did every year at the Bee. When I misspelled my final word at the spelling bee, I saw memories of the Bee and all my friends who would be disappointed. If the spelling bee gets extended throughout high school, I will continue studying. If I had made it to nationals from 2007-2011, leaving friends would probably be the hardest part of the Bee.

I am grateful that the Bee is open to the public now. So much has changed this year, that I thought it was magical. I badly want my sister to make it to nationals next year! I have seen so many photos of the Gaylord National Hotel, and they are all gorgeous.

Good luck to all the spellers, in advance! I will really miss the Bee, even if I have said this over a hundred times. I spent so many years of my life preparing for the spelling bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment