Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Spelling Bee Club/Choir Summer Camp/Find all the Words in the Song which are in Webster's Third

As many people may ask me, you're still studying? Of course! There is no reason to stop learning about words! In fact, I still need it for the spelling bee club I'm planning! By the way, if you are not from Salt Lake, Davis, Juab, Utah, or Wasatch Counties in Utah, each session will be filmed, and you can study from them. Spellers from Utah in the counties mentioned, you can watch the videos, too if you cannot make it to a session. Other spellers around the nation and world are welcome as well. Email me at spellingchamp135@gmail.com.

Who is starting the studying now for the 2012 National Spelling Bee in my family? My cousin, who lives in Denver, Colorado and my sister! They are both outstanding spellers! They are the first official members of my club. Just last night, my sister just started to study with the Scripps Bee Game on the Nintendo D.S. She was hooked onto it for nearly two hours.

I am ready to begin my spelling bee club whenever it is ready. I am going to be slow with updates at first, but I will pick up the pace. I will try to make a website, but I confess that I am not good with computers. I will post the videos on the blog, if I cannot make a website. If you want to know about how to do something, post a comment, and I will make a non-session video.

Tips will not just be about spelling, but what to do, and what not to do when you are on stage. Here are some:
  • Do not freak out! Stay relaxed. 
  • When you are waiting for your word, make sure you are not messing around, biting your nails, or any other bad habit. 
  • While you are spelling, ask for the information you need. Do not ask for unnecessary information, or the audience will smell your show-off behavior, and find it annoying. Plus, you will waste your precious time. Two minutes and thirty seconds is plenty of time.
Sometimes I like to go somewhat off subject. You know how there are Suzuki Music camps all over the world? The camp I am talking to you about is a choir camp. This year was very special, because we had a day with the Drakensberg Boys Choir from South Africa. We learned Zulu songs, which made me think, has there ever been a Zulu word used at the National Spelling Bee? Some of the songs the boys sang were Afrikaans, and I am pretty sure those words have been used at the Bee. Here are some:
  • muishond
  • blouwildebeesoog
  • wildebeest
  • hartebeest
I enjoy trying to relate the National Spelling Bee to other things. I closely relate it to choir, except my choir is not a contest, until we go to the World Choir Games or another contest.

Find all the words in the song which are in Webster's Third. I will help with the first words, and they will be bolded.






Le Ciel a Visite la Terre

Le ciel a visité la terre,
Mon bien-aimé repose en moi
Du saint amour c'est le mystère!
Ô mon âme adore et tais-toi!

Amour que je ne puis comprendre,
Jésus habite dans mon coeur!
Jusques là vous pouvez descendre,
Humilité de mon sauveur!

Le ciel a visité la terre,
Mon bien-aimé repose en moi
Du saint amour c'est le mystère!
Ô mon âme adore et tais-toi!

Vous savez bien que je vous aime,
Moi, qui par vous fut tant aimé!
Que tout autre amour que vous même
Par votre feu soit consumé!

Le ciel a visité la terre,
Mon bien-aimé repose en moi
Du saint amour c'est le mystère!
Ô mon âme adore et tais-toi!

À votre chair mon âme unie
De vos élus ressent la paix
Divin Jésus, sainte harmonie,
Venez en mon coeur à jamais!

Le ciel a visité la terre,
Mon bien-aimé repose en moi
Du saint amour c'est le mystère!
Ô mon âme adore et tais-toi!

Good luck, and continue spelling! Email me if you have a question, or want a post about any spelling bee topic! spellingchamp135@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment