Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Fourth of July is Nearing/Patriotic Music/Doing Other Things While Spelling

As the Fourth of July approaches, here are Independence Day Words:

  • independence
  • patriot
  • leadership
  • fireworks
  • freedom
  • loyal
  • opportunities
  • heritage
  • history
  • kindness
  • democracy
  • jubilation
  • liberation
  • republic
  • united
  • valiance
  • sacrifice
  • citizenship
  • equality
  • ebullience
  • glory
  • heroes
There are just so many Independence Day words, that I cannot post them all. Within the next few days, I will post several words that have to do with patriotism. I will also be posting videos of patriotic songs.


Ronald Reagan's Inauguration (Battle Hymn of the Republic sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir)

Full Version of the Battle Hymn of the Republic


For those who have seen Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular, you may recognize Kristen Hertzenberg who plays Christine Daae. This is her singing the National Anthem (Star Spangled Banner)

You may be wondering why I chose these artists in particular...

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is my favorite choir, even if I am not a Latter Day Saint. My choir has performed with them many times, including the Cultural Olympiad with John Williams around the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake, the Rededication of the Utah Capitol, a performance with Natalie Cole, and so many more that I probably cannot name them.

I chose Kristen Hertzenberg, because she is my favorite U.S. Christine. I saw her in Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular back in 2009. She has such an amazing voice, that I cried! If you haven't seen her perform live, I suggest that you do.

Why am I talking about this? A lot of spellers love music. They sing, play the violin, flute, piano, saxophone,  and so many more instruments! When I listen to music, I can concentrate on homework, then spelling after. I decided to use this, so I could get used to distractions. I also hula hoop, play with Legos, jump rope, and do other things while spelling, although music is the easiest way for me to concentrate. My mind works better when I am doing other things while spelling.
Continue spelling, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment