Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The 2012 Bee Arriving Quickly!/Busy Summer

As my teachers say, "Due dates are closer than they appear!". I say, 2012 National Spelling Bee will be here anytime soon! Even if the Bee is over 300 days away, it will be here before you know it! I know that there are some spellers who have not stopped studying since they first competed! Even if I never made it to nationals, I studied every day since 2005, and it was never tiring to learn new words! In fact, my skills improved every year! I have not stopped studying, and will never stop learning new words. Even champions still like to learn new words!

I still hope the Bee can be extended throughout high school! I will still miss it, but my spelling spirit is not gone, and will hopefully never go away! I want to coach spellers still, and hopefully finish the spelling bee club planning by the end of the summer. It is so much harder than I thought it would be. You really need to organize, set dates, plan activities, find a good video camera, get materials prepared, and find time!

Of course, the summer is busy. I do not have a lot of free time, because of the Spelling Bee Club, Bible Bee, and Geometry classes. After my Geometry classes, my family is going to Southern California to go to Seaworld, San Diego Zoo, and Legoland. This is going to be busy, but I hope to have time do my other activities, too! I hope you all have a great summer!

Tips for when you are on stage
  • When you get an obscure word that you do not know, and you asked for all the information you could ask for, do not freak out.
  • If you think the bell will ring on you, it will most likely do so.
  • Concentrate on your word, and use what you know to figure it out.
  • Always ask, listen, and think.
  • Do not mind all the media, but make sure you act professional.
  • Do your best.
Continue spelling, and good luck to every single speller competing next year!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I am competing in the national spelling bee this year, and your website really helped. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Good luck, I hope you do great!

    ReplyDelete