Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ecrire avec Votre Rêve! Ecrire avec Votre Coeur! Ecrire avec Votre Amour!

If you do not get what the title means, it says, "Spell with your dream! Spell with your heart! Spell with your love!" I do not know if my French is accurate, but it is the best I can do. I hope you continue doing that, and never give up. As long as you persevere, you will do amazing!

Now that the 2011 National Spelling Bee is over, it is time to continue studying for the 2012 National Spelling Bee. I have not taken a break since 2005. I thought my consecutive studying led back only to 2009, but I checked old calendars, which had marks for each day I studied. My streak is still going! April 12, 2005 to whenever a day when the spelling bee will pass. I do not think spelling will pass for me, because I still want to study with other spellers.

I also count choir as studying for the spelling bee as well, because we learn a lot of word patterns, along with their etymology as well.

Always do your best. Do not misspell a word, because you do not really care if you win. Then again, I do not think any competitive speller wants to misspell. Think of the word patterns in your head.

Do not compete against each other. As 2009 National Spelling Bee Champion, Kavya Shivashankar once said, "Instead of competing against each other, I compete against the dictionary." When I competed, I never cared about my competition. I cared about them, because I wanted them to spell their words correctly. We were never like, "I'm against you, so I have to hate you." It was more of, "Good luck, and do your best, no matter what the outcome is."

I focus on my motto always. I say it before, during, and after every competition.

Remember to make a schedule for your studying. I doesn't matter how long you study, or how many words you know. What matters is figuring out words when you are in the contest.

Always be glad with your placement. Always set goals and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment