Sunday, May 29, 2011

TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/Go Spell!

Spellers have been arriving in D.C.! I am so excited for all of them. I wish I was a speller this year, and I should have been if not for the ambiguous answers and mispronunciation at the school bee. I even protested, and so did some others. The pronouncer never gave me a correct pronunciation! We used the Local Spelling Bee rules, but I was not reinstated. I am still so mad! Every word used at the school and regional bee, were all words I knew, or could figure out from roots and etymology. Still, I have never been discouraged in the Bee!

I am pretty sure that Utah will do well this year! #251: Vismaya Kharkar is no stranger to the Bee. In 2009, she placed ninth at the regional bee, then placed sixth the next year. Anne-Marie Sprenger is very good with languages. She seems to know a lot of them, and she won her regional bee without studying a lot! Read the story:
http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/article_c99ce2ca-62b3-5eef-8969-7e993f8a0b75.html

I hope I get a response to my letter soon! I want the Bee to continue on!

Dear Spellers,

         Enjoy this week, and treasure every moment. The spelling bee is more about words, the prizes, and fame. It is also about the camaraderie between friends, and showing what you have learned. Do your best this week, and whatever happens, be proud of yourself. Most people do not get to experience this. I want to be with you, enjoying my time, and spelling. Good luck this week!

                                  Sincerely,
                                         Frances

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ScrippsBee
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/scrippsbee
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/scrippsnationalspellingbee?sk=wall&filter=2
I am too excited, that sometimes I feel as if I am at the Bee, even if I'm not. Whenever I compete or think about the Bee, I vividly see myself on that stage, meeting the spellers, talking to the Bee Officials, and relaxing and spelling in my hotel room. I'd rather be there than staying at home all summer. I have been constantly begging my parents to take me! It hurts to be living over 2100 miles away from D.C. Hopefully next year, my sister or any of my friends make it to nationals. This year will be magical for me without a doubt.

I still need people for the spelling bee club, especially if you are from Utah. spellingchamp135@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment