Monday, May 30, 2011

One More Day!/Photos and Videos/More Words/A Letter to the Spellers

There is one more day until it is time for that written test, which is notorious for knocking spellers out. That begins competition days! I would rather be there than watch it here on my computer and television, because I am a person who does not watch too much, unless the National Spelling Bee is on. If you want to know the times and channels, go to the spelling bee website: http://spellingbee.com/.

Photos and videos
http://www.spellingbee.com/gallery/2011
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scrippsbee/
https://www.facebook.com/scrippsnationalspellingbee?sk=wall&filter=2
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScrippsBee

More Words
Bewusstseinslage
tirralirra
xarque
casein
cashmerette
catafalque
fauchard
zacate
grognard
coquillage
rocaille
dharma
Kneippism
szekler
Kierkegaardian
rochet
polilla
morcellement

Dear Spellers,

          Continue having fun this week. I badly want to be there with you! The updates on Facebook, Twitter, and everywhere else make me feel like I am there with you! The spelling bee is not a hobby to me, but it is something where I have thrown out a lot of my dedication to. To the next champion: Know that all your effort was worth it all.

Every year, the spelling bee changes for me. In 2004: It was new to me, 2005: A dream began, 2006: It would take more than a dream, 2007: I wanted to win it all after seeing spellers falter, 2008: It was not time to be discouraged, 2009: It was time to step up, 2010: Always think toward your goal, 2011: It means a lot to me. I want the Bee to mean a lot to you. Be role models for the aspiring spellers.
The spelling bee is not just a contest or game, but where you can have fun! It is the most friendly contest I know of on this planet! Prizes and fame do not matter as much as friendship. You see it on stage at every level of the National Spelling Bee!

Do your best, and enjoy the rest of the week! Do not take any part for granted, but treasure every moment in your heart. You never know if you will return again, especially if you are bound for your last year.

My Motto
"Spell with your dream!
Spell with your heart!
Spell with your love!"

Please remember that as you are competing! It is very helpful to me, and has been for the last four years!

                                                    Sincerely,
                                                         Frances


There will be no Word of Day this week, because there are going to be a lot of words to share with you! 
                                                      

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment