Sunday, May 29, 2011

Consolidated Word List

For the third time in my spelling bee career, I have finished the Consolidated Word List. The first time, it took me five months, the second time, it took me two months, and this time, it took me three weeks. If you want to study it go to http://spellingbee.com/consolidated-word-list. You have to make corrections, so follow this: http://spellsuccess2u.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-approach-consolidated-word-list.html

The Consolidated Word List (CWL) took up two full 3-inch binders. I admit that I have 25 binders of words, etymology, spelling bee results, and other spelling bee information. I have ten books for spelling, I do not know how many notecards (including my Wall of Words), lists on my computer, and so much more!

Remember that there is a possibility that words from this list are not in Webster's Third. I pushed myself to finish this list. Everyday, I had to find time after homework to study. At least I had finals weeks ago, so I had a lot of time to study. Now my goal is to finish reading Webster's Third by the end of the summer. I have been reading it for two years now, and I am not finished.

1 comment:

  1. Had you been in the Nationals, you'd dominate... seriously!!

    ReplyDelete