Monday, May 23, 2011

It is Near! 8 More Days!/Spelling Bee Club/Studying and Doing Something Else at the Same Time

I am so excited, and I am still studying. I do not believe there are six days until most spellers leave to D.C., seven days until the registration, barbecue and tours, eight days until the written round, nine days until the ESPN3 broadcast (Preliminaries), ten days until semifinals, finals, and a champion declared, eleven days until the banquet, and twelve days until the spellers leave for home. The last day is always the saddest day of Bee Week.
Spelling Bee Club

I am in the process of planning a spelling bee club. It will remain in the areas of Northern and Central Utah that are with the spelling bee (Salt Lake, Davis, Utah, Juab, and Wasatch Counties). I may open it up to the areas in Southeast Utah if I can find somewhere to meet in Central Utah. Perhaps I may open it up to Nevada, then hopefully national! If I cannot get it national, I will try to operate a website, then have spellers sign up, then there will be lessons that we go over at the meets.

I really need a lot of support from many of the spellers around the country and the world. This includes the U.S. Territories, Canada, Europe, Jamaica, South Korea, Japan, China, and the others I did not mention. Please help me, especially if you are from my area. You can email me at spellingchamp135@gmail.com if you want to help.

Studying and Doing Something Else at the Same Time

Do you spellers like to have fun while studying? I know many spellers do. Some of them are playing with legos, doing origami, drawing, throwing and bouncing balls, biking, exercising, and much more.

I studied words with my classmates while I was hula-hooping! I had to focus on the hula-hoop and the words. The hula-hoop has to stay on me as I am spelling the word. If the hula-hoop falls before I finish spelling the word, my classmate had to give me the correct spelling of the word. Gratefully, that only happened twice.

I mentioned what I do for my wall of words.

I even like to play with my rubik's cube while spelling words. To be honest, it took me three hours to solve it.

Word of the Day

coulis (coo-lee)

No comments:

Post a Comment