Thursday, July 21, 2011

Watch Replays of the 2011 National Spelling Bee/"Is it Just My Luck, or am I Getting All French Words?"

Do you want to watch the moments of the 2011 National Spelling Bee, again? You can by watching replays at this website http://espn.go.com/espn3/index/_/sport/kids. Make sure you click the button by All Times Eastern, then click on All. After, go down and choose a video to watch.

If you do not have ESPN or your parents are watching the NBA Finals, you can watch on the website live! It is free and you can also do the Play Along Version. I used this version from Rounds 2-20. It was very fun and I felt like I was still competing! For you spellers, this is good training. Listen to all the information (that is if the spellers ask for anything), then pay attention to every letter. Before, I had to cover up the word, then write it in my notebook, but now, I get to spell along (I still have to write the words in my notebook).

In 2003, Samir Patel asked, "Is it just my luck, or am I getting all French words?" An origin that has so many confusing rules. Since 2009, one speller (Nicholas Rushlow) has always received French words in Round 4. (2009 - noisette, 2010 - devant (divon), 2011 - devoir). In every spelling bee I have been in since fifth grade, I have always received a French word in Round 5. I did get a few later, but my French words always began in Round 5. I have only missed two French words in competition, but never in Round 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment