Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Guess I Will Be Learning Afrikaans and Zulu

Other than learning French, I guess I will have to learn Afrikaans and Zulu. Why? I recently learned that the tour group of my choir is going to South Africa next year! It is either that or the World Choir Games in Cincinnati, Ohio. My choir apparently has gone on so many tours, but I do not think there has been one since 2006. I will name some places: Jerusalem, a lot of places in China (Xiamen - 2006 World Choir Games, Guilin, Xian, and many more places), England, Norway, D.C., Jordan, and New York City. The choir has gone to places multiple times, and our choir director does not remember everywhere we've been to.

Here are some Zulu-derived words:

mbaqanga
impala
mamba
indaba

I posted Afrikaans words several weeks ago, so check that out.

I am just so excited for the tour even if it is a year away! We were invited by the Drakensberg Boys Choir director, and the invitation was accepted! I also hope we go to the World Choir Games, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment