Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Italian Rules - Part 3

I do not think I will be able to record the Italian song today, because I have a sore throat. I will probably do it later in the week. Today, I will finish the Italian section, then go onto Japanese tomorrow (or whenever I can).
For the Final Day of Italian Rules:

The "ts" sound is spelled zz. (examples: intermezzo, palazzo, pizzicato)

There are words that have tt. (examples: allegretto, graffito, regatta)

The "ny" sound is spelled gn. (examples: agnolotti, Bolognese, malmignatte)

The "sk before the long or short "e" sound is spelled sch. (examples: maraschino, scherzo)

The schwa at the end of the word is spelled with an a. (examples: buffa, camorra, cantata)

A lot of words in Italian have a silent g. (examples: intaglio, gnocchi, and scagliola)

Like in Latin and French, Italian words usually avoid using the letter k.

No comments:

Post a Comment