Thursday, September 1, 2011

French Class - "I Recognize that Word!"

At my school it is required to take a language class. I am currently taking French and it is a very exciting class. There are so many words I recognize, because of the spelling bee. French used to be my least favorite origin to study, now it is my second.

Some of the words we have learned in French that have been used at the spelling bee:
devoir
devant
mademoiselle
noisette
rognon
echappe
rapprochement
eclat
ecrase
espadon

I asked, "What is swordfish in French?" My teacher replied, "Espadon". We really did not study these words, but I asked for them. Studying a lot of French-derived words for the spelling bee has been paying off in my French class.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, and the fact that you're coaching others now. I am very impressed by your dedication, and love of words. The knowledge you gained through your studies and competition will benefit you in the years to come....more than you even know! No knowledge ever goes to waste. You are a very bright, articulate, motivated young lady, and I wish you the best of luck.

    A speller's mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Good luck to your child in the spelling bee!

    ReplyDelete