Tuesday, September 6, 2011

264 Days Until the 2012 National Spelling Bee

That may seem like a long time right now, but it will be here before you know it. If you have not started studying, begin as soon as possible. May 27 is when most of the spellers arrive in Washington, D.C. 265 days until the barbecue, 266 days until the Round 1 test, 267 days until the oral preliminary rounds, and 268 days until semifinals and finals.

Now that I am coaching more than one speller often, my friends and sister have been doing well in their studies. Perhaps one of them will make it to nationals in 2012.

I'm coaching three spellers from the same school. Two of them are currently eligible, while one has to wait another year to try and make it to the National Spelling Bee. I am also coaching spellers from my old schools, and a friend who moved to a different state (I coach him by email, but his parents help him, too). There are currently seven spellers in the club, even if I am still planning it.


I have decided to do Word of the Week now, instead of Word of the Day.

piezochemistry - \pee-ay-zoh-kem-i-stree; pee-ayt-soh-kem-i-stree; pI-ee-zoh-kem-i-stree\ [Greek + Greek] noun: scientific branch that studies the relationship between pressure and reactions

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment