Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Sister's Studies

My sister has been consumed into her studies. She loves so many of the words and we also talk about their history. She is really excited for the National Spelling Bee and thinks she will make it! Her goal for 2012 is to still make it to Championship Finals and that is excellent! She looks up to me and a lot of the spellers who have done exceptionally well at the national finals. Her spelling bee role model is me, because I inspired her to do the spelling bee. She would have not done it, if it was not for me.

Just last night she spelled 150 words with only 13 misspellings. It is currently difficult to figure out her trouble spot. Every speller has difficulties and I know she has at least one. I will figure out her difficulty spot, even if it may take me a few more days.

This is late and I am sorry that I never posted a list from Hexco. My sister finished the 2011-2012 Word List several days ago. We will go through it again, although. http://www.hexco.com/content/National_Spelling_Bee_2011_word%20list.pdf

If a family member or other adult does not have time to coach you, there are certain products that you can buy so you can study on your own.
http://www.hexco.com/categories/National-Spelling-Bee/

You can also use Visual Thesaurus Spelling Bee to help you. Even if it does not have etymology, it is also a pretty useful tool for learning new words.
http://visualthesaurus.com/bee

My sister has been using a lot of the sites and products for studies when I am not around.

No comments:

Post a Comment