Friday, January 13, 2012

Spelling Bee Update for My Sister

Today was my sister's class spelling bee and she won! I was unable to watch, because I was in school during that time. I was thinking about how well she would do in the school bee, and she advanced to the next level!

My sister studied the Classroom List, but it was not limited to that.She also studied some of the Hexco products: New Nat's Notes, the Annual List, and After a Spell. She brought How to Spell Like a Champ to school with her, and I do not know if she read some tips before the Classroom Bee.

Here is the story:

I arrived at school checking through the lists we studied, and I wondered if there would be any she would misspell that day. There were a few I marked, especially on the Hexco products, but I was confident that she would do well.

During P.E. we had to run a mile-and-a-half, and we were allowed to listen to music on our Ipods, MP3 players, etc. I decided to listen to the CD that came with How to Spell Like a Champ, and I remembered the night before my sister only missed one word: bombycine (of or relating to silk worms). I hoped that she would not receive that word if it was on the off-list words for the Classroom Bee.

When I got to piano lessons she could not be disturbed, so I waited, and she soon told me that she won! I was excited, and she was, too!

Good luck spellers!

No comments:

Post a Comment