Thursday, January 12, 2012

Class and School Spelling Bees/Science Fair

After a lot of studying my sister has her class spelling bee tomorrow. The top ten students from the fifth grade will advance to the school spelling bee. She is very excited, and she is hardly nervous. Last year at her homeschool spelling bee she placed fourth, but since she is at a new school now she may possibly have a strong chance of winning!

Her goal this year is to advance to the Championship Finals of the Scripps National Spelling Bee, and I think that is a great ambition! Her friend has already advanced to the school level, but they both want to be co-champions and make it all the way to the National Spelling Bee together!

Another of my friends that I coached won his school spelling bee (I am so glad I coached him!), and he is already advancing to the final level before nationals! Besides spelling he also has to juggle a school play, piano, school, and basketball! Perhaps the 2011 Salt Lake Valley Champion returns, because she is very exciting to watch, and she did great at the Bee last year.

Good luck to everyone competing! The time is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment