Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spelling Bee to Science Fair

After my competition years were over for the Spelling Bee I moved on to the Science Fair. Surprisingly I have never done the Science Fair before. My first and second school did not offer it, but at the third school only the seventh, ninth, and tenth graders had to do it. It was not an option or requirement for the eighth grade, unfortunately. Now that I am finally a ninth grader I am so glad that I was able to do it.

Two days ago was the judging, and I was judged five times (the minimum was three). I did not know how well I would do that day, but I was surprised that I did not get nervous while the judges asked me questions. One of the judges is a scientist and was impressed with my project.

I do not really know the levels and judging systems well, unlike the Spelling Bee, but I hope to go pretty far this year and probably make it to the international level.

Next year in tenth grade it is an option for extra credit, so I am still planning to do it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment