Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Consolidated Word List/Bee Schedule/Spelling Bee in the Summer

Thanks to the speller who gave me the link to the Consolidated Word List!

Consolidated Word List Please Read the Preface

Television Schedule (You can watch all on ESPN 3)
Preliminaries - ESPN3 - Wednesday, May 30 - 8:00 A.M. Eastern (I guess I have to be up before 6:00 Rocky Mountain Time; I will be watching and posting only before I go to school, so I will be able to watch for two hours. I will watch the replay when I get home)
Semifinals - ESPN2 - Thursday, May 31 - 10:00 A.M. Eastern (I will watch the replay before Championship Finals when I return from school)
Championship Finals - ESPN Thursday, May 31 - 8:00 P.M. Eastern

Speller Schedule
Most Spellers Arrive in D.C./Registration (Gaylord National Hotel) - Sunday, May 27
Memorial Day Barbecue - Monday, May 28 (I'm pretty sure it's on this day as they usually have it.)
Round 1 Test - May 29 - Various Times Throughout the Morning (I don't know if it's written or computerized this year, but they have returned to the fifty words, but only having twenty-five go to the full score)
Preliminaries, Semifinals, Championship Finals - See Television Schedule

Replays of the 2011 Scripps National Spelling Bee
http://espn.go.com/espn3/spellingbee

The spelling bee continues throughout the summer, and it's not just spellers studying. The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee will be playing at Tuacahn Amphitheatre in Ivins, Utah (near St. George, Utah). For several years, I have been going to the Tuacahn Amphitheatre, and every show I've seen has impressed me, and I hope this show will impress me, too! I imagine the show is different every performance (It was nominated for six Tony Awards, and it won two, including Best Book). I guess it is going to be a great way to put my love for spelling and musical theater together!
Here is my post on the show, and keep in mind that it is not a review: http://annespellingbee.blogspot.com/2012/03/spelling-bee-musical.html

Good luck to all the spellers!

1 comment:

  1. The barbecue is on Memorial Day, and the written test is computerized this year. Have fun at the musical!

    ReplyDelete