Thursday, February 9, 2012

Speller Makes it Back After Missing 2011/Five-Peats

As I was searching for spelling bee articles of recent local bees, I came across one that might interest others. The sister Kavya Shivashankar (2009 National Spelling Bee Champion), Vanya, will be heading back to Washington, D.C. for the second time. She missed the 2011 Bee, but she is back this year. She is a contender for that trophy, and I wish her good luck!

http://www.kmbc.com/r/30420304/detail.html

There may be two five-peats this year: Nicholas Rushlow and Rahul Malayappan. Unfortunately this is their last year, so they are contenders as well. There have not been any five-peats since 2008, and there has been only one five-peat champion (2006 - Kerry Close).

Good luck to all of you, and if one of my friends make it, I'll see you at nationals!

No comments:

Post a Comment